[alfa] Re: Code 1223 on a 92 Spider Veloce

Hey Peter:

Thanks for the info.  The O2 sensor was replaced just this last August and
has about 3 months of use on her.  I am leaning away from it being at fault.  I
think the exhaust crack....however big it might be...is a result of a
collision with an exposed man hole that took the oil pans off my 92 back in December.
The leak seems to be growning in sound so it may be more major than expected
as far as leaking.  Will know that tomorrow when she hits the rack.

O2 Sensor gave a stable reading in the mid .20s for the most part but as low
as .19 and in the .50s on startup.  Idle is perfect. Starting is perfect.
Engine temp perfect.  No pinging at idle, light accel, or heavy accel.  Headers
not glowing in the dark....but unfortunately I have no way to check the EGTs.
O2 voltage goes up whenever I blip the throttle.  One more thing, light came
on prior to engine completely warmed up with voltage in the .30s.  No 0 voltage
readings and no readings at .8 or above.  O2 sensor readings seemed to be
very consistent.

With that oil pan replacement, all the intake tubing and plenum were removed
and I have gone through that multiple times to insure its all correct.  Plus
no stumbling/low idle that I have seen from a cracked intake hose.  So I am
thinking low concentration of exhaust gasses in the manifold due to the leak and
resultant lack of back pressure.....but doesn't rule out the O2 sensor biting
the dust.  Let's just pray its not the AFM!

Beset Regards,
John M
Lexington, KY