[alfa] Sticking throttle linkage ... and oil temp sender

Sorry to read that others have the same problem with sticking throttle
linkage, but at least it's nice to have company during this time of misery.  I
look forward to reading how others of you have solved this problem.  My
throttle linkage didn't stick during the previous 20 years of GTV ownership.

It was only when I decided to freshen up the engine compartment and replaced
the original bushings with new ones from ReOriginals that the linkage began
to bind.  We tried moving the bushings off the throttle rod by inserting a
washer under each bolt that holds the bushings.  That worked while the engine
was out of the car.  Once the engine went back in, the Alfa's wicked sense of
humor took over. There's nothing like an engine with practically no flywheel
(7.5 pounds!) and a throttle that sticks open if you get anywhere near the gas
pedal.

Then there's this related issue.  When installing the new 2 liter motor in
place of the old 1750 that was in place of the even older 1600, we realized we
can't use the newer oil temp light sender with our 1967 GTV oil temperature
gauge.  What have others done to keep an eye on the oil temperature after
making this engine swap?

Lyford Hale
1967 GTV