[alfa] Re: 164 Blower Motor

In a message dated 2/7/04 09:41:10 PM, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

Terry,
If you want to shave a few hours off of your record breaking time and avoid
evacuating the refrigerant. Try cutting the top off of the blower box with a
Dremmel tool the allow access to the blower motor. Then you epoxy glue the cut
out back in.
Did mine 18 months ago and have had no troubles with the box coming unglued
or warping...
I pulled the instructions off of the 164 website.

See ya,
Jim Oiler,
Vivid Force --creative Force for Non Profits
www.VividForce.com

<< Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:21:30 -0700
From: "Terry Johnston" <terence.johnston@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] 164 Blower Motor
Well I finally replaced the blower motor.  It was not that difficult!  I first
had the freon taken out by the Salt Lake Ferrari/Maserati dealer Harris
Imports.  I then pretty much followed the instructions in the 164 CD....   It
is amazing how much leaves and misc
crud gets down in the area behind the false firewall.  Anyway the job took a
total of 4 hours or so.  I did it over a couple of nights so as not strain my
back.  Terry Johnston >>