Re: [alfa] small current drain, '77 spider

The interior and glove box lights go off when their respective doors are
shut. AFAIK, nothing else is on either. The battery itself is maybe 6 years old, but it was one of those top-of-the-line, no-maintenance batteries (so I can't check the fluid level) with a long forecast service life.

Since you've measured the current draw, and it's very small.. I'd say that isn't your problem. (barring some intermittant load that you didn't see)

With 6 yrs on any battery, despite any "super long life" claims, I'd think you have one of the failure modes of lead acid batteries, where the plates slowly flake materiel off of themselves.. it builds up at the bottom, eventually creating a conducting path in the cells themselves, draining the battery. They even put a gap in the bottom (plates don't go all the way down) to slow down this eventuality.

Happens to them all eventually, if something else dosen't first. Hey.. 6 yrs is pretty good run!

Jon
77 Spider