[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1120 - Green back ground

[this is a reply to a russ neely article that got bounced because it had
the word subscribe in the first 10 lines of the body. i'm not going to
forward russ's message because this reply contains pretty much
everything. i'm also debating turning off the check for words like
subscribe and unsubscribe, i'm not sure we really need it all that
badly, and the bounces to me tend to get buried in my inbound
spam load. -- rpw]

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:26:19 EST AlfaNeely@domain.elided wrote:
>     A couple of questions about the list.  First what is with the green back
> ground on Alfa Digest V9 #1120.  I used to subscribe to a CRX list that was
> always green and I found it hard for these old eyes to read.

i have no idea. i'll have to take a look at it to see what happened. probably
something someone submitted triggered it, the digest is constructed as a
plain b&w text email.

>     I have noticed since I switched to AOL V9 that blank lines and such are
> stripped from my responses.  That makes it difficult to tell where the copied
> text ends and my response begins.  Plus the Arrows to highlight copied text
> have disappeared.  Is that a problem with AOL?

definitely AOL. they must have "improved" something.

richard