[alfa] Re: antenna on ebay for Spider, etc.

Will the antenna you saw on Ebay fit? It is made by Metra, a supplier of aftermarket car audio accessories based in Florida with a very high market penetration. You will see their stuff in Best Buy and most specialty stores, at least on the East Coast. In my opinion, their antennas aren't of the same high quality as the ones most cars leave the factory with, say, from Hirschmann or Bosch. But if Metra says it fits, it probably does.

One thing I object to is the use of ebay to sell retail items like this. I can't see why they should be sold in an auction fashion, and I figure the only reason is that ebay is where people look for these things, and possibly because some people get caught up in the moment and pay more than they otherwise would. I would recommend, however, inquiring with a specialty Alfa supplier first, eg. IAP, before deciding on the ebay item. Lately, I have shifted to Froogle.com when I am looking for hard-to find niche items. It's much better than ebay.

PS: I am still looking for a front bumper for my 164 S.

Sonny
'91 164S
Baltimore