[alfa] Re: Duetto 'Bumper' Bar

Biba kindly responded in part:
> **********
> You might want to remove some of that 'black sticky
> rustproofing/deadener' to see what is really under there. Assuming the
> bumpers fit reasonably well now, you will have an extremely hard time
> lining them back up in the exact same position.

My bumpers were all intact, though it took a while to match up the bolts and
manufacture a spacer to secure the outer upper ends.  The few bolts which
were fitted were all different in diameter, length and thread !!  Y'know
it's the little things which really p!$$ me off, like every seal and trim
piece of the windshield surround has a different size self-tapping screw.
Some PO spent dollars to paint the car and couldn't afford a $5.00 hand
rivetter !

> get various sizes of blocks of wood and a long pry
> bar. Use the transverse bar to your advantage and with a block of wood
> on top of a dent, pry down on it and then with your third hand hammer
> from underneath around the edge of the dent. You won't get it perfect,
> but should be able to get it in the ballpark.

Thanks for the hints.  I've managed to bump most of the crease out, it's
just that the centre grille sits slightly askew.  Just like that pimple on
your nose....once you know about it you can't keep your eyes off it !!  I
may be able to massage the lower attaching bolt for the grille to straighten
things up.

> Then always park about three feet / meters from curbs / kerbs. I swear
> they jump out at Round-tail's undertrays. Certainly no caring Alfa Romeo
> enthusiast would dare drive their Spider right up to and onto a curb /
> kerb...would they?

Not again anyway !!!

Beatle
'67 Duetto