[alfa] Thanks to everybody

Well it seems that I will be leaving the list for a few months (or at
least lurking and digesting). I always thought I'd go out defending my
honor against a muscle car, or taking a turn beyond the limits of my
tires. Instead I was doing UNDER the speed limit on highway 17 on a
straight when the Intestine chose to let me know without a doubt that I
had just burned a piston (actually there was a lot of doubt... but my
fine mechanic Phil removed all of that). So rather than just pay the
$1700 for new rings and pistons installed, I've decided to hold out and
get a full rebuild with a few choice fastness goodies. Those of you who
are cross members may see me on the diesel benz list, and to the rest
of you... it's been emotional.

Bye for now,
Ben Kaupp
Santa Cruz, CA
'78 Spider (garage queen for at least 4 months, she cried when I pulled
out her amplifier. Or was that me?)