[alfa] Spider door handle problem

If the '74 has the same stick-your-finger-in-and-pull handle as my '89, I
may be able to shed some light, as I have had similar problems with
passenger and driver's side doors. There is a small, L-shaped part inside
the door that is pressed upon when the handle is pulled. Over time, the
L-shape tends to become V-shaped due to the repeated pressure. All I had to
do was bend this part back to a 90-degree angle and the problem was solved.
Mechanical doofus that I am, my problem was getting the door panel off and
back on again without busting something. I finally took it to my friendly
local body shop, where a contemptuous but competent body-and-fender man got
everything back together.

Mike Trimble
Denton, Tx
'89 Spider veloce