[alfa] Digital camera update

No, I'm not trying to turn this into a camera club, but I for one,
consider a camera as much of an  Alfa Romeo tool as my 13 mm deep throat
socket / torque wrench / pry bar / blocks of wood. I'd surmise that of
the thousands of photos I've taken in the past - especially in the past
ten years, 80% of them are shots of Alfas or their innards / outers.

Bought a last century (1999) model from Tony Martie, a fellow
Digestable. Olympus C-2500L SLR. By this century's standards, it's
anemic with 'only' 2.5 million Megapixels, but seem s to have more bells
and whistles than I'll ever learn in my lifetime or when it does the
'digital thing' by going belly up.

Likes: Auto focus and electric zoom (yeah, I know analog's have them
also - but not My analog); it's light, by comparison; no film /
processing costs - though I'm not positive on the latter; neat little TV
screen in the back; one can take a shot of a part and have it in the
computer in not too many minutes; but my Most Favorite by far is by
using the very last click on the eyeball adjustment knob, I can put my
eye right up next to the view finder and see the image clearly - wow!
worth the price of admission right there - have worn glasses since the
5th grade.

Dislikes: I miss my f-stop ring and my speed adjustment dial and my
really simple way of plussing or minusing a single shot a half stop; no
negatives; the image comes into the computer about 300' x 200' (+ or -);
and last but by no means  least, it's digital with all the complexity
and frailty that comes with the carefully designed in 'here today, gone
tomorrow' / expendable / throwaway philosophy it foists on to one's
life.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Another, oh yeah...there isn't the remotest chance someone out there has
an ancient set of Ascor studio strobes and they bought a hotshoe adapter
so they can fire the strobes off and Did Not / Did fry their digital
camera? Analog mind wants to know.