Re: [alfa] headers and CA

Stacy Faught wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I was told by a source that
> *should* be informed of these things that headers no
> longer need CARB approval, as long as they include a
> provision for the oxygen sensor (and a working sensor,
> of course).
>
> All other exhaust components are exempt from the smog
> nazis, so it makes sense that a header should be also,
> as long as you have a working O2 sensor and cat.
>
> Hope this helps...

Looks like it's not quite that simple.  Headers for catalytic converter
equipped vehicles are subject to CARB review, and the only approved Alfa
headers are from AR Ricambi for 76-79 Alfettas and 78- 81 Spiders.

CARB website: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/replace.htm

AR header approval:
http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-377-10.pdf

Taru