[alfa] sump guards

I tried to install a sump guard that I removed from a Canadian 1970 cam tail
spider onto my 73 GTV. It would not fit and it is now gathering dust in my
garage. The guard that was on the GTV when I bought it was really beat up
because the springs were worn out and the tires were too small. I replaced
the springs (with "sport" springs), fitted bigger tires and took off the
sump guard. I can now get over speed bumps without grounding anything.

The guard from the 70 spider is a much sturdier thing. It has ribs welded to
the curved bars at the front. I have still have the guard on my 79 spider
that was on it when I bought it. It doesn't have the ribs on the curved
section.

Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
79 Spider
73 GTV