[alfa] Alfa history

Hi Andy

It is quite likely that your Alfa was not registered in the year of its manufacture. The New Zealand distributors during the 70s were inclined to import unsold UK spec cars that had sat for various periods and six months was not a particularly long time. I would be curious to know if your car is a very late 105 series Bertone coupe or a very early Alfetta? If it is the former then I would expect these would have been difficult to sell due to the introduction of the new model. Either way it is an interesting car, being either the last of one line or the start of another.

Regards

Michael Findlay --