[alfa] Re: Stebro steel

The higher "quality" stainless steel actually is more brittle than the stuff
used by Stebro. There is a trade off between "stainless" and brittleness.
Ask some of our Brit friends who have had SS exhausts available to them for
longer than we have here in the States (and Canada). British magazines have
complained about cracks in expensive, custom, SS exhaust systems for
decades.

I have not seen my Stebro crack. I have seen some of the domestic SS
exhausts crack on hot rods.

Peace,
Ben Ament
Living where Stainless Steel makes sense.

---