RE: [alfa] GT4 not GTV4? **PLUS Acronyms/abbreviatons in postings**

Jeff,

Many of these aren't automotive acronyms, they're Internet acronyms.  It
pays to learn them.  Some of them are sign offs, I'm not likely to spell out
a sign off using your first time used rule, because I'm already at the end
of my message.

Another internet tool you should get used to is Google.  A quick search in
Google, using the keywords "internet" and "acronyms", turns up the following
page, which I'll guess contains definitions for all that you're struggling
with, and more:

http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

To fill in the information for some that you're missing:

> BTDT (been there done that, I'm assuming)
> TIA (Thanks In Advance)
> YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
> BL (British Leyland??)
> SU (side updraft?)
> BTW (by the way)
> LOL (laugh out loud)
> TPS (This Program Sucks, although I bet the usage on the digest was
something different)
> A/N
> IMHO (In My Humble Opinion)
> NLA (no longer available?)
> CG (in my line of work means Computer Generated,
> but I think someone meant it as Center of Gravity)

HTH,

bs