Re: [alfa] GT4 not GTV4? **PLUS Acronyms/abbreviatons in postings**

First off, Alfa continued using the twincam four
in the same updated body (minus the bulge in the
hood) as the simultaneously produced GTV-6 in the
European market.  That car was badged GTV 2.0, the
'V' in all of these cars refers to 'Veloce', not
the engine's architecture.
That leads me to another item:  I'm noticing a lot
of postings containing more and more acronyms and
abbreviations.  I don't know if it's a regional
thing or if these writers are making them up on
the spot, assuming that we all know what they
mean, but I for one am getting frustrated trying
to decode some of these things!
Aside from AROC (Alfa Romeo Owners Club), GTV(gran
turismo veloce), Quad (Quadrifolio or in reference
to the number four as in four camshafts), DOHC,
TS...and other common engine/model designations &
abbreviations, could we please refrain from using
these shortcuts?  Or if you're using it many times
in your post, spell it out the first time, and put
the abbreviation in parenthesis immediately
following.  That lets the reader know the next
time they see the abbreviation in the post, what
it is short for.

Things I've come across lately that for the most
part,  am still unsure of the intended meaning by
the author:

BTDT (been there done that, I'm assuming)
TIA
YMMV
BL
SU (side updraft?)
BTW (by the way)
LOL (laugh out loud)
TPS
A/N
IMHO
NLA (no longer available?)
CG (in my line of work means Computer Generated,
but I think someone meant it as Center of Gravity)

The list goes on and on, but you get my point.
Keep in mind that digesters are located all around
the globe, and this forum is meant to be
informative.  Using these shortcuts muddies the
information that you intended to be helpful, sort
of counterproductive in the end.

Thanks all, and sorry to sound like a ranting, old
school-marm...

 - Jeff Barhoum
   S.F. CA

'76 Alfetta Sport Sedan