Re: [alfa] GT4 not GTV4? **PLUS Acronyms/abbreviatons in postings**

Wholeheartedly agree with you about the acronyms !

And there was definitely an Alfetta GTV prior to the GTV6.  My Aussie spec
'79 coupe carried the GTV designation and even had the lettering included in
the stylised triangular air exit vents on each rear flank.  I'm pretty sure
Australia followed the European model changes closely.

As far as I know (AFAIK) the 116 coupe started life as a 1.8 designated the
GT ('76 ?).   When it was upgraded to the GTV 2000 ('78 ?), the GT
designation was applied to a 1600cc version running concurrently in some
markets. The 1.6GT has no bumper overriders, an eggcrate style grille, vinyl
interior and slats on the air exit vent covers.   Once the bumpers went
plastic ('82 ?) the moniker was changed to GTV 2.0.

In Australia the car underwent another change in about 1984, called the
Nuova series in some literature, which included some sheetmetal changes to
the front and rear lower panels, along with the change to the 'short'
torsion bars and integrated rear torsion bar mounting splines.  I think the
Nuova also marked the introduction of the 'integrated' instrumentation..
This is all from a hazy memory so flame me as you see fit.

I always thought the 2L (or 2000) engined 116 coupe was designated GTV,
hence the larger engined car was a
GTV-6........................not a GT-V6.  Small point I know.

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz