Re: [alfa] GT4 not GTV4? **PLUS Acronyms/abbreviatons in postings**

Thanks Brian,

I'm well aware of google, but it would take longer for myself or someone else
reading the digest to go look up some abbreviation than it would for the
person posting to type it out.  And when I find say, "AMF" at the end of an
email from somebody not familiar to me, which google definition do I choose?
Adios, My Friend or Adios, Mother Fucker?  Point being, these should be left
to emails sent to friends and family rather than an international discussion
forum.

I consider myself quite computer savvy, living in San Francisco and working in
digital computer animation.  I am on a daily basis using and networking within
Windows/Mac/Linux and Various Silicon Graphics operating systems.  My point
was meant to ask that posters have more sensitivity to the scope of the
potential digest reader's background, 'chat lingo' familiarity and
geographical locations, in an attempt at keeping the dialog more easily
understood by all readers.

As for your sign off, you might be unaware of this trick:  Most email programs
have a "signature" feature where you can type in whatever you like as a sign
off just one time.  After you set that up, the program will automatically
insert your signature at the end of your email before it sends it out.  Saves
you even more keystrokes!

- JB