RE: [alfa] Bosch distributors

> Here is the manuals definition on how it works electronically wise.
> Primary voltage is applied from the batt through the ignition
> switch to the
> module,and through a resistor to the coil. The resistor acts as a
> heat sink.
> the negative terminal of the coil is connected to the module which itself
> connects to the coil.
> Forgot to mention you need the electronic distributor coil (with heat sink
> and module attached). It was some time ago that I wired it in however with
> the diagram in hand it wasn't hard.
> I must add that I still like the old marelli single point distributor. The
> advance curve is easily altered and its made in Italy.

That sounds almost exactly like the Marelli-Plex.   I'll take some digital
pictures of my Plex and share them with you off-list.  Maybe you could
confirm that's what they used on the cars.  That would explain where they
came from.  And makes me wonder why people were paying huge amounts of money
for them in the 80/90s when they could just get them from junkyards
overseas.

-Peter