Re: Subject: [alfa] slow engine deceleration in

I've never seen a vacuum distributor WITHOUT advance weights in it.
The weights handle advance v. engine speed, the vacuum capsule only
handles advance v. load.  The advance weights are frequently under the
baseplate, rather than just under the rotor.

The only kind of distributor that won't have advance weights in it is
one of the fixed distributors used on some electronic systems (notably
Motronic), which handle the advance electronically rather than with a
mechanical system.

jamesm