[alfa] water in GTV-6 doors

It's been raining a lot here lately, and I could hear water sloshing around in my passenger door, which seemed odd because I thought it had a drain hole (evidently not). When I went down a hill, a lot of it poured into the cabin, which didn't help the already-soaked carpet (more on that later). I finally decided to take one of the bolts out of the bottom of the door, and ~1.5 quarts of rainwater drained out! This can't be good for the steel. What do the rest of you do to contend with this? Drill a drain hole? Is there a way to keep water out of the door in the first place?

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6