RE: [alfa] Air filters, RAM filters, horns, or velocity stacks?? HELP

> I have a 1986 Spider that I did a WEBER conversion with 40 DCOE's.  In
> retrospect, I wish I had gone to 45's.  The question is what is the
> best air filter device to create more air flow.  I see IAP has Velocity
> Stacks on a mounting plate with adjustable horns, I've seen Air Horns
> with filter socks on them on various WEBER sights, and of course there
> is also K&N filters available as well.  I do currently have a vacuum
> line running to both filters currently on the vehicle.  Looking to
> smooth out the midrange and feed some more air in.  If I went to the
> Velocity Stack or air horns what do I do with the lines?  Advice?
> Direction?  Thanks

Why 45's?  what size venturi's are you using?  32?  36?  If so, then 45's
won't buy you anything over your 40's.

As for filters, I'd try to find a Euro air box that will get you a cold air
supply from somewhere other than inside the engine compartment.  Velocity
stacks, etc, draw hot air from the engine compartment, that will result in a
loss of HP.

bs