[alfa] Still Seeking Low Oil Pressure Sender/Alfa Article

Hello Group:

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about the
low oil pressure sender (and offered suggestions for a
mechanical gauge).

There is indeed a "stub" cast onto the block of the
2.0 engine in my '87 Spider QV just above the dip
stick tube and below #1 exhaust outlet, but that's all
there is. No sender. Geeze...how hard can this be? I
even went into the garage in the dark with a
flashlight and looked all around suspected areas on
both sides of the engine. Unless it's buried under the
intake plumbing, I'm stumped. Did Alfa maybe integrate
it into the gauge oil pressure sending unit ?? Hey,
I'm getting desperate here, OK?  Please, somebody,
make it stop hurting. Just know I'm going to feel
foolish when I find it...

For an excellent article on a 1957 Alfa Romeo 1900
Super Berlina (grigio alba - color AR703) and the
author's experience with it near Arnese, go to
Autoweek.com and down the right side, click on the
editorial by Matt Davis. Great journalism about an
important piece of Alfa's history.

The more visually inclined (myself included) may want
to go to American Movie Classics where a Three Stooges
Marathon will appear from Noon till 1AM on Wednesday.
For some this is a heads up...for others a warning.
You know who you are.

Happy New Year to all!

Steve Waclo
Carson City, NV