[alfa] Professional buffer

George Theofanous asks: "Hi - I was wondering if anyone knew where I
could buy a professional
auto buffer/polisher - one of the rotating ones, not the crappy "random
motion" ones they have at Kragen. Has anyone had any good/bad
experiences with their Alfas?"

*******

I realize most of the posts were written on the 24th and not everyone
celebrates the 25th (every year). But surprised to see an AD show up on
my doorstep today.

George, when I see the word 'Professional', I assume the sender is
serious and is willing to pay for quality (in this case) equipment.

I strongly suggest you cut to the chase and get a Makita 9227C buffer.
I've had mine for two years and the ergonomics alone are worth the price
of admission. (Assuming you're right handed) you'll love the left hand
handle. Movable stick handles will never cut it for you again.

Since you don't want to burn the paint, go with 3M's foam pads and their
polishing compounds. You'll love the handiness of the rpm dial a half
inch from your right thumb.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA