[alfa] nukulur (sic W) headlights

    From time to time, the brighter headlights thread reappears, frequently
with the observation that when they are "aligned properly" they offend no
one.  That may be true somewhere, but not on this earth.

    Yes, the cut-offs are very sharp and the lights, very bright.  In a
world with basketball-court-flat roads and every headlight the same height,
it'd work.  But the world I drive in is anything but flat, often rainy, and
the wet black night sucks lumens out of my lights before they know they have
left the alternator.  Plus, the Spider is lower than all but skateboards.
Extremely bright headlights are blinding.  Rationalize as you will, they are
blinding under many real-life situations.

    Now tell me, do you really want the person directly in front of you
driving into a pool of ocular black?  What if you just had a problem, just
climbed out your driver's door, and the guy coming at you is blinded by your
testosterlights?

    Or what if you were simply someone who considered what your presence
cost the thousands of people you encounter on the road?

Peace,
Joe Cantrell
Wet, black Portland about 16 hours/day, these days