[alfa] re: Quality of gas -- anybody use lower octane?

    It's the same in UT.  We have low octane gas and low octane beer.  They
claim that because of the altitude you can burn lower octane fuel but I
can't see that being true for any modern fuel injected car.  I'd believe it
for a carbureted engine but I think the oil companies are content to charge
"premium" prices for 91 octane gas.

Re:   Stefano Iachella" <iachella@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] re: Quality of gas -- anybody use lower octane?
         I live in New Jersey and often wish I were in California, where
there seem to be a lot more Alfa restorers and repair facilities.....but a
cause
for concern:   Did I take it correctly that in Calif. you can only get
maximum
91 octane gas?   I have increased the compression rtion on my Spider to
about
10:1 and need at least 93 octane  (here in NJ Sunoco can get up to 94
octane)?