[alfa] ignition -- vacuum advance, and lack of provision

I've just put a rebuilt head on the engine of my daily driver 116 Giulietta.
At the same time, I've swapped the carbs (Dellortos) over from my 105, as the
carbs on the 116 (also Dellortos) quite seriously need rebuilding.  However,
the 116 runs a vacuum advance on an inductor type ignition, with the vacuum
tube attaching to a port on the side of the carburettor, registering against
the atmosphere side of the throttle plate.  The 105, on the other hand,
doesn't have a vacuum advance, and doesn't have provision for one on the
carburettors.

What to do?  Should I simply block the vacuum advance tube on the distributor
and drive it like that?  Should I increase the basic advance of the ignition
by a few degrees as well?  Should I drop an older points-based distributor
without vacuum advance in?  I need to take a road trip tomorrow to meet
family for Christmas, so I only have today to dummy together a temporary
solution.

Kind regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ