[alfa] V6 rebuild kit

Not adding to the debate, just thought it's worth a mention in case any other
newbie out there has hydraulic and wants to rebuild...
IAP stocked at least one kit for me, labelled with ricambi originali print,
for $25.  This was strictly seals, retainers, and a boot.  A total of 16
pieces altogether.  The only seals it didn't have were the ones for the big
bearing, but that is integral to the bearing, also available from IAP.  at
least one of the seals was a mystery to me, until I discovered that the lower
portion of the piston separates.

FWIW, I rebuilt mine even though it didn't apparently need it: all of the
seals I pulled out were just as flexible and intact as the ones I put in and
the thing ended up leaking oil even after the rebuild.  It turns out that one
of the cam drive seals was leaking under load and even that was the fault not
really of the seal, but a wayward pebble that managed to find its way between
it and said seal, crafting a notch in it and a shiny groove into the metal.

I think I've heard some people moan about IAP before, but so far, I've nothing
bad to say about them.  In fact, every time I call, they've been nothing but
friendly and full of help.

Cheers,

Darren
83 GTV6

BTW, the s/n on the box for the kit.... 0060777065  I took a picture of the
contents, if anyone is interested.