Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:38:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve & Zita Waclo <z_waclo@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] QV Battery Drain

Hello:

>snip< Have been lurking in the shadows since joining the
group but thought it may be time to stop bugging Bob
Rand all the time and tap into the collective
consciousness. Appears to be a wealth of knowledge and
information available.

Just obtained an '87 QV a few weeks back and the issue
of the day involves a battery that won't hold a charge
more than about 10 days. It was installed 9/03. The
weather is a bit nasty and I'm waiting for some parts
and have been doing a lot of cleaning and inspecting,
so the car has not been getting much run time. During
infrequent road trips, the voltmeter takes a "key on"
set at about 12 volts, then rises to perhaps 13V when
the engine starts. When I re-charged the battery
yesterday (and checked electrolyte levels - one cell
needed distilled water) >snip<

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Steve Waclo
Carson City, NV