[alfa] Headlight Upgrades

Hello Tom:

I share your concerns about inadequate lighting.
Headlights on my GT6+ had a three position switch:
Dim, Off and Intermittant (hope I didn't steal that
joke from this Group).

Anyway, I started my upgrade efforts with a PIA
replacement bulb for my Honda Nighthawk. The results
were night and day. It's so awesome to overtake
another vehicle with their yellow puddle of halogen
and then go to high beam with the PIA and see
reflectors light up half a mile away. Unfortunately,
the PIA was somewhat over $50 for one (!) so when I
started looking for sealed beams for my '87 Toyota
4x4, I went with the Sylvania Silverstar. They were
$29.95 at Kragen Auto and are every bit the equal of
PIA. I subsequently replaced the four bulbs in our '97
Accord with marvelous results, and better yet, the
SS's are currently on sale at Kragen for $19.99. Next
step is sealed beams for the Spider QV, soon as I get
the electrics sorted (thanks Group!).

This sounds like an endorsement and I guess it is.
Check out the Sylvania website. These lamps have a
color temperature (brightness) that is nearly
equivalent to HID systems and the first one I bought
has 10k miles of motorcycle use so far. Did I mention
they are "plug and play"?

Steve Waclo
Carson City, NV