RE: [alfa] V6 Tensioners

I am not providing much help here, just a few observations.

The mechanical tensioner that we are referencing here was used on 12V
Alfa engines. With the introduction of the 24V engines, the tensioner is
locked into place without spring assist.

Alfa Romeo 24V engines have been redesigned to operate the oil pump from
the crank shaft rather than a belt cog. This redesign allows for a
symmetrical timing belt layout which is not prone to jumping cogs on the
right head. The tensioner used on today's production V6 is made in
Canada.

Today, while browsing through boxes and boxes of Gates tensioners at an
auto parts store. I noticed that the tensioners were all made in Canada.

Regards,
Ken Stevenson
Dallas, Texas