[alfa] V6 Tensioners

Without telling more than I should (Fred would surely have yelled at me for
telling this much), a couple years ago, a well known Fiat employee
documented very clearly to the Fiat/Alfa folks back in Italy about the
mechanical tensioner failures that were occurring here in the states.  To
the best of my knowledge, the info was not acted on in any way.  It is
absolutely pathetic that Fiat continues to sell this inferior, failure-prone
part, when it could be re-engineered at little cost.  Since the part is
actually made in Canada, we might actually have better luck going directly
to the manufacturer, although clearly we lack the numbers to get any
significant attention.

Does anyone know if this same part is sold elsewhere in the world by Fiat?
At one point in time I seem to recall hearing that the rest of the world was
still using the "old" oil-fed part, but that seems unlikely to still be the
case.  For me, I switched over to the oil-fed tensioner, but without the oil
feed, set in fixed mode.  I'll likely keep a more aggressive than stock
replacement schedule into place, but it's been 3+ years since I changed it
now, without an issue.

Brad