[alfa] Re: Mechanical tensioners and Market thinking

hi gerry, among other tings, ya said:

"...Food for thought on replacement car thinking.  If one uses the BMW 3 series as a reference point through time, it seems to me that the current G35 6 speed sedan falls into much the same position relative to a 3xx BMW as a Milano Verde did in its day. RWD, A little larger engine, a notably less expensive price point, and very balanced handling with close to 50/50 weight distribution (in the G35 due
to the relatively rearward placement of the V6).   I would have bought a 156 this year if there was one to buy, but having to punt, the G is working out just fine...."
if i had the scratch, i'd grab a g35 coupe in lieu of my hotted-up gtwe6 3.0, & and a g35 sedan in lieu of the milano werde in a heartbeat - even if the bmw's were the same price.  and, even if the alfa's were f/s here.  rwd - good, fwd - bad...  if i coulda afforded stuff like that, i'd have never purchased the 164 in the 1st place, even tho it has been a trooper, until this incident...

as it is, my dilemna is i cannot even afford a ford focux zx5 for me, & a passat 1.8t for the li'l lady - the least expensive decent new rides i could imagine...

oh well,

doug s.

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.