From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Mike
Van Cleave
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:27 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Battery Cable for 1974 Spider

The previous owner of my 1974 Spider put the battery in a marine box and
relocated it to the dead center of the trunk.  I would like to move it back
to its original location in the engine compartment.  As I do not have the
original positive cable, I will fabricate a new one. That is, unless someone
has one they want to get rid of.

My question are: how is the wire snaked to the starter? Does it run between
the engine and the firewall, in front of the radiator, under the engine, or
some other place I haven't thought of.  Does the alternator wire run to the
starter or the battery?  Any description, pictures or drawings would be of
great assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
1974 Spider