[alfa] Re: Water Pumps

As some of you may recall, an Australian digester mentioned some time ago that the aftermarket pumps they get down under say "Bugatti" on them and last "forever." Well, after close to two months of emails and phone calls, a Bugatti Autoricambi water pump showed up at my doorstep today. Even if it doesn't last forever, it only cost $60, which is less than what people charge for the Saleri pumps that are readily available in the USA. This is great for me, since I'm on the verge of replacing or rebuilding my engine, and am planning on installing a new water pump. This isn't so great if your water pump fails and you want a new one overnight, because going this route will take at least a month, as I found out. What we need to do is convince one or more of our favorite vendors to order these pumps in bulk (the guy didn't seem to thrilled to be selling one pump to an individual, and billing a credit card) and retail them to us. Bill, Bruce? Email me if you want the distributor's contact information.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6