[alfa] Victory by Design, excellent shows

I watched the Jaguar and Porsche versions (and I don't even like Porsches) on Speed Vision (you know the NASCAR channel) and am very impressed with the quality of these programs. The DVD versions are substantially longer and uninterrupted, and of course will be much better video and audio quality. I intend to buy all six, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Porsche, Jaguar, and Aston Martin, all great names from Le Mans) as soon as I can arrange the import via my US resident relatives. Ridiculous that some items are for sale only in the "continental" USA, as if Canada were overseas.

Anyway, based on the TV versions, complete with the crappy video and audio you get over the airwaves (even on cable) I highly recommend these to any car nut. The driving is con brio, de Cadenet knows what he's doing and the shows are properly scripted. After watching de Cadenet's hyper enthusiastic commentary at the Goodwood festival of speed I was a little sceptical about these videos but, clearly with a proper script he can deliver a creditable performance. One particularly nice thing about these programs is they resist the temptation to criticize the cars, or make one seem superior to another, either within a marque or between shows. The Jaguar show is about Jaguars and the Porsche show about Porsches.

A completely top class product I say.

Cheers

Michael

(can't wait to see (and hear) de Cadenet thrashing someone's 8C around a scenic windy road in Europe somewhere.)
Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner