[alfa] Jinxed. Milano clutch failure

What is this, 3 whole days after I said I had faith in my Milano?

The story: Driving home, as I was passing the last exit before the tunnel (2 miles away) I hear the traffic report (1 day after installing the radio) telling me to avoid the tunnel as there was a fatal accident on the other side and the tunnel was closed. 100yds farther I was in bumper to bumper traffic. I inched along for a few minutes. Then when pushing on the clutch... "wham" the pedal hit the floor and the car lurched forward. I bumped it into neutral and rolled to the minimal shoulder. I called AAA for a tow, but knew it would be a while as the traffic was barely moving. Fortunately, a PennDOT towtruck was only a short distance behind me, and he picked me up to get my car out of traffic. At least the truck was warm and I had someone to talk to, as it took 2 hours to get to the tunnel exit where he dropped me off. I then killed some time in a Starbucks waiting for another AAA truck to tow me the last mile or two home.

The diagnosis: I had guessed the cluch fork broke (as happens on the 105 series cars, right?) Luckily, I have a spare gearbox to compare, and I found that the "spherical pin" snapped off. I heard it clunk to the bottom of the gearbox when I pulled the clutch fork.

The repair: It looks like I can just remove what's left of the old one and transplant the good pin in from my old gearbox? Is it going to be that easy?

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org