[alfa] Re: Water Pumps

Mike McMahon asked:

"Has anyone in the USA had any bad experiences with aftermarket water
pumps, or was that a Euro-centric issue?"

Bill Werner, the guy (owner of Alfa Only) to whom I entrust my Milano
utterly, says that aftermarket water pumps have in his experience had
about half the service life of the factory item. Knowing that I am a
person of very limited means, he sells me the cheaper stuff when it's
Just As Good, but lets me know when it's not (though he still leaves the
decision to me), and the water pump question, which came up fairly
recently, was a topic upon which he was quite vehement. I took his
advice and sprang for the factory pump.

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA USA