Re: [alfa] Starter drive gear measurement

Do NOT put the starter for a 130 tooth flywheel on the 131 tooth car.  It does not work properly.  You can buy a rebuilt from starterexpress.com for the 131 tooth flywheel for cheap.

I guess that's good because my situation is the opposite? 77 starter (for a 131) on a 72-74 ring gear. (130)

I have been hearing that it won't bind up like the opposite, it's too loose and supposdley slowly chews up the ring gear.

Come on, SOMEBODY'S got to have a known 72-74 starter laying around in a garage someplace??

Jon