[alfa] Diesel Alfa Question

I know many of you are on the wrong side of the pond to answer this (Alfa
Modern Diesel ) question but I will give it a shot since this is probably
the most knowledgeable group on the net. I have a 166 2.4jtd that is
displaying an odd problem.  The car starts perfectly from cold and always
has and still does. The problem lies in that the car at times won4t start
when I park the car after a drive (after about 5-10 minutes). Once cold the
car starts right up again.  Isn't this the classic syndrome of Vapor Lock?
Did I get a bad load of diesel with some moisture in it. I have already
tried the diesel treatments but have not yet gone through a full tank yet.
I am a bit worried because on Saturday I am planning to drive back to Italy
from Spain, about 1700 miles and I am worried about when I stop to fill up
and my car won4t start again.

My european journey is about over, I leave Rome on Tuesday for Denver. Over
three years I have worked in Fiat Auto in Mirafiori, Alfa in Arese, and
Iveco in Spain. I have met quite a few interesting people along the way and
have learned loads about how things get done in Europe, especially on the
Fiat INSIDE.  Now is my chance to learn how the Yankees do it. I will be
working in Wichita Kansas at the CNH skid steer loader Plant. Any Digest
folks in Wichita, any Alfa Clubs there. I will be driving around my trusty
140k mile 164S and hopefully I can find a house for rent with a garage so I
can bring my Milano Verde with me as well.

P.S. This is for George Graves. I was interested in your statement that USA
residents that live abroad are allowed to bring their personal property
over to the US once their tour is over. But, I am positive that just
because I I lived and worked in Europe and bought a European Spec car while
here as a resident does not give me the right to bring my Alfa over. I
don't know where you got that information. I wish it was true. I think you
might have gotten confused with the foreign citizen clause that permits one
year entry?? Any insights.

Sandro Marcantonio
Iveco Pegaso S.L
Valladolid, Spain