[alfa] 2L head question: second try

Hi All,

Second try

I removed the head on my alfa spider 86 yesterday and I have some questions.
processed with ropes in the chamber 1 and 4, camshafts removed, and I rotated
the crankshaft using a 36 mm socket. The head lifted up easily.

I don't known noting about the engine hyistory and the car have 105 000 miles
on it. Cylinder compression was 185 to 190 psi for all four cylinders last
time I measured it (less than 500 miles)

Clearly, the piston are new: the cylinder walls are smooth as a mirror and it
is the Borgo 10.4 domed pistons.

On the head, there is a large about 2 inchs "E" green printed on the back
side
(cylinder 4) of the head. Any signification about a rebuilt head, provenance
?

Also, what is the signification of the number on the head, my is 36. (close
the "green E"). On the spider head 89 pictured on the strada fantasma web
site
(Tech Session) the number is 31.

Also, I performed a leak test with gas filling the combustion chamber, and I
discovered leaks in 2 chambers. So, should I may panic, or this could be
simply related to carbon deposit particles dropped on the valves during cams,
and spark plugs removing. The surface of the seats and the valves appear
smooth.

Should I regrind the valve in place to be sure? If yes, what king of valve
compression should I buy to remove the spring? Any suggestion?

Regards

Damien Gaboury, Gio., PhD
Scientifique de recherche, CONSOREM
Universiti du Quibec ` Chicoutimi,
555 Boul de l'universiti, Chicoutimi, Qc, Canada, G7H 2B1
Tiliphone: 418-545-5011 ext 2270
Tilicopier: 418-545-5012