Re: [alfa] Starter drive gear measurement

Do NOT put the starter for a 130 tooth flywheel on the 131 tooth car.  It does not work properly.  You can buy a rebuilt from starterexpress.com for the 131 tooth flywheel for cheap.

I have a 130 tooth flywheel on my '73 and ended up buying the starter for a Series 4 Alfa to fit.  Way expensive, but much better than the old ones.

Alfa apparently went back to the 130 tooth design in 1991...

Sorry I can't supply the measurement for you...

--
- Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL