[alfa] 1750 GTV situation and Alfa and the Alfa Digest

Ciao,

I have a 71 1750 GTV,  which was supposedly a project car.  This
project is so rusted,  that its most likely not so feasible.  Hence,
either I find another decent 1750 bodyshell,  or I consider selling all
the parts and bits I have acquired for this project.  If anyone knows of
a 1750,  maybe even a 2000 GTV just waiting to be bastardized,  please
let me know.  Conversely,  should anyone need a bunch of mechanicals,
Dells,  Euro intake manifold and correct pedal rod,  etc.,, etc.,,
consider making me a offer.

After this latest batch of depressing Corporate Fiat/Alfa news,  I
started thinking of what to do with all the other Alfas,  maybe move
some out now,  but at the moment,  I would rather hold off and just keep
things as they are,  it seems premature.  And while Fiat may be making a
good business decision on one hand,  the value of keeping one's foot in
the door has paid off countless times for me.  Though this is simple,  I
can't see too much corporate risk in sending a certain number of Alfa
147s over to be sold through the Ferrari/maserati dealer network.

And since the global view Fiat has chosen is evolving,  I feel the Alfa
Digest will continue to evolve as well.  Its obvious to me that Alfa
Romeo Owners Club and the Alfa Digest is a great grouping of people.
Its sad to see people signing off the Digest due to considering the
purchase of other brands of autos.  A number of them have been wonderful
personalities and should stay connected to  the Alfa community.

As a counterpoint,  the American Lancia Club,  East Coast,  had
dwindled to a small number of members,  who may be as passionate or
perhaps even more so than Alfisti,  don't often come off as welcoming to
new members.  Officially, yes,  but its such a small grouping,  they
really appear to have formed their own society.  And they may have even
more reason to feel resentful towards Fiat for what Fiat did to the old
Lancia company.   Needless to say,  they all seem to drive Audi/BMW/Merc
cars,  as their old Lancias are all old classics now.

Ciao,  Jay