Re: [alfa] Wing warping and modern cars

Dodge makes a SRT-4, Mitsubishi makes a Lancer, Mazda's got their Protege and VW their Golf. The Ford Focus and Nissan Sentra also come to mind. All of these cars are inexpensive, fun to drive, and relatively simple. The SRT-4 even backfires like my spider! If you don't like FWD, there's always the Mustang, Subaru 2.5 and Pontiac GTO. The Mazda RX8 and (my choice) Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 also spring readily to mind, as do the Saturn Ion Red Line and Lotus Elise. I'm sure I'm missing a few, but my point remains that there are many cars to choose from that are inexpensive and simple and fun to drive. I've driven 3/4 of these cars, and I am amazed at the leaps forward in quality on cheap cars. In 1987, my Audi 4000 quattro was considered an expensive luxury car. Now a base model VW Golf is more comfortable, better handling (arguable, admittedly), faster, cleaner to run, cheaper to run (it doesn't need premium), with better milage and a better sound system. It will be safer in a wreck and I know that if I have a problem, I can plug it into a computer and I'll know what's wrong.

um... I think I need to eat something and start actually studying for finals, so <end rant>
-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (mandatory alfa content: anybody know what is hitting right under the parking brake when I floor it in 1st and 2nd? This is gonna be expensive, isn't it?)