RE: [alfa] Wing warping and modern cars

In my opinion this is exactly what's wrong with so many cars now. The
mechanics are not mechanics anymore, they are computer technicians changing
modules when something goes out.

The problem is, the "computer" doesn't have enough sensors to really tell
exactly where EVERY problem is. So, those "old time" mechanics who know
motors, those gems that you can almost never find, are the few that can
still fix the nagging problems that are the early signs of larger problems
down the road, where the "new" mechanics say "there is no problem because
the computer doesn't report any errors".

I'm sorry -- I've been annoyed by motors that miss intermittently, by cars
that shift oddly, by various other minor problems on cars with "computers".
Sometimes, when I find those gems I mentioned above, they say "XYZ and
you'll be good", and they'll be right! Plus, I've had friends that had a car
that began behaving oddly while in warranty - "No problem found, no errors".
Once out of warranty something would self destruct. Then the error code was
the damaged engine. It never did record the error of what was going out to
cause the engine to die.

On the flip side, I do like the Tiburon and Suburu that you mention, though
my favorite choice for a US available new sports car is not cheap by
comparison -- the new RX8.

Greg