[alfa] air fuel ratios

Have been following the 'bigger injectors' thread with some interest, both for my aspirations of warming up my Verde, but also as it relates to tuning the Webers on my recently carb converted GTV track car.

The question is this: what air/fuel ratio is considered optimal for a fairly well warmed up 2.0 GTV, with about 10.5:1 compression?

Reason i ask is that my Weber tuning 'expert' set them to where they are right at 13:1 on the top end, which seems a little lean to me, but worse still, there is a big dip in the rich direction (approx. 10.5:1) right at 5,000 rpm which is resulting in a significant and corresponding dip in the torque curve, right where i need it the most, and that is after spending (pun intended) 2 hours on a chassis dyno. Sigh.

Thanks,
Peter Kemos
Santa Cruz
89 Verde