[alfa] $till mo' $hipping

Ted Williams asks (though don't have a clue what it has to do with
$hipping or where the Alfa content is): "Are you for real?"

*******
(pinch, pinch) Yeah, at least for the moment.
********
Just got off the phone with Horseless Carriage Carriers ($1,850 from
Ohio to So. Cal) and Intercity Lines (they were willing to cut me a
small deal since I've used them before and am willing to wait - up to a
point - still well over $1k).

Intercity has 30 trucks and Mike told me they have been swamped for the
past 18 months. (What economic downturn?). I told him that I had assumed
this was a good time to ship since concours, etc. are mostly in the
Spring / Summer. Apparently between the shows, auctions, people selling,
people buying, and sending or receiving cars to / from restoration
shops, there is non-stop business.

This has been up for eons but if you want to see a little bitty '80
Spider being driven in to the back of one of Intercity's vans:
http://home.earthlink.net/~biba/
The rear of the car on top is (I believe) the only Ferrari built for the
CanAm. All were headed for Florida.

I know the shipping of a car thing comes up frequently. Should someone
have a good source, let me know. Has to be enclosed and the individual /
company has to be fully bonded.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA