Re: [alfa] Broken electronic toys

I've found the super-cheap Harbor Freight digital calipers to be
reliably accurate to 0.001", which for $25-30 is hard to beat.
One could keep one around just to use as a medium accuracy beater
and only pull the expensive ones out of their box for the few
tasks that really require accuracy below a thou.

I've also found the digital jobs to be very helpful for a mixed garage:
metric for the old Italian stuff, inch for the old British stuff.
For nearly all of the British stuff, one thou is more than accurate
enough for anything unless you're trying to build some hyper-dollar
racing hand grenade.

jamesm