[alfa] Broken electronic toys

I'm willing to spend a little extra and get an electronic caliper  which
I can measure, say a crankshaft's bearing surface, and know I'm very,
very accurate. True, one could measure in the other direction (which I
do) and find the measurement is not to one's liking.

The Starrett spoiled me by its accuracy. Ballpark doesn't cut it for me.

James Montebello mentions using the metric and inch measurements for
various cars. Since most of the Alfa repair manuals for the older cars
which are understandable (to us unwashed) were written in the UK, means
virtually all of the measurements are in inches and foot pounds, etc.

Side bar: So the British caved in to metrics, yet hold firm to the
Pound. Pray tell me the logic of that decision? - other than their  /
your quite quaint eccentricity?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA