Re: [alfa] Broken electronic toys

alfacybersite wrote:

The Starrett spoiled me by its accuracy. Ballpark doesn't cut it for me.
Starrett doesn't seem to be quite the company it once was, and import stuff isn't the crap it once was either. It's difficult to make accurate assumptions... Although, I have heard consistantly good things about Mitutoyo, Brown & Sharpe and SPI. It's not cheap though.

Side bar: So the British caved in to metrics, yet hold firm to the
Pound. Pray tell me the logic of that decision? - other than their  /
your quite quaint eccentricity?
When you have your own currency, you can control your own monetary policy (set interest rates, manage inflation, influence export/imports with a weak/strong currency policy, etc...) It's control not given up lightly.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org